RMYS is currently hiring for the following position:
- Yacht club environment
- Broad administration role
- Yacht racing, training academy, recreational boating, junior sailing
Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron is one of Australia’s premier yacht clubs located in St Kilda. It has a wonderful and rich history reflecting a long and close association with sailing.
This is a new role, created due to bringing the operation of the training academy inhouse and an expansion of on water activities. The Boating Administrator will carry out a variety of administration duties relating to yacht racing, recreational boating, training and the junior group. Communication to members and participants is a large component. The working week for this role is Wednesday to Sunday.
Solid knowledge of how a yacht club functions and sailing experience will be a significant advantage. Outstanding attention to detail is vital to ensure information is accurate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are extremely important to enable advice and details to be consistently and easily understood by recipients.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a new and developing function within a progressive organisation. Please apply to the General Manager, Matt Solly.
Instructors for Keelboat, Dinghy and Powerboat
With the 2021 sailing season upon us, the club is seeking several suitably qualified, well organised, energetic instructors to join our team and help run the AS Keelboat, Power Boat and Dinghy Syllabus
RMSTA Instructors take an active role in all aspects of the preparation and safe delivery of nationally accredited keel boat and dinghy programs offered to Junior, youth, and adult Sailors of all levels.
To be considered, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following experience.
- Competency and experience as a sailor of a small vessel
- Keen interest in and/or knowledge of sailing.
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures related to the safe, timely and professional delivery of sailing instruction.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A professional work ethic
- Be able to work weekends.
In addition to the above experience, the following Qualifications and Certifications are requirements of DSC Instructors.
- Australian Sailing accredited Keel Boat, Power Boat and/or Dinghy Instructor Qualification
- Hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Hold or be able to achieve a working with children clearance card.
- Marine Radio Operators VHF Certificate (desirable)
Hours: must be able to work weekends as this is when most of the training happens. Courses are either full day or half day and run over consecutive weekends. Flexible working hours with a great environment and rewards for the right candidate.
To apply please send a resume and covering letter to Colin Burgess at email@example.com