|Description:||Silver, oval shaped shield with raised ornamental surrounds, with anchor in lower centre, enclosing raised yacht on water. Inscription band below ending in scrolls both sides. Shield mounted on 500mm square hardboard backing, surmounted with silver winners’ inscription shields.|
|ROYAL ST KILDA YACHT CLUB
1939 – 1945
Trophy donated by a group of Club Members headed by A.E. Atherton to perpetuate the memory of those members of the club who paid the Supreme Sacrifice while serving in the Armed Forces during World War II. For many years skippers competing had to be ex-servicemen. It was first won in 1947 by Commodore Joe White’s Acrospire IV skippered by W.L. Hales.
Now competed for on V.Y.C. handicapping over Olympic Course using the Combined Divisions result.