Discover Sailing Day 2019
Weather forecast link
Event Date: November 10th 2019
Time: From 10am – 3pm
Location: Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, St Kilda
All locals & members of the public welcome to come join us for a short sail & great day all round at our club.
If you live local or just curious about the sailing lifestyle come down to our friendly yacht club for a free sailing opportunity, live music, drinks in our members bar, sausage sizzle and more. This is a family friendly event, although age restrictions (min 7 yrs) do apply for some sailing and on water activities depending on vessels.
A great opportunity to inquire about our various boating and sailing courses for all ages.
Come visit our club and experience sailing for free!
Off Water Activities
- Club Membership & Sail Training Course information for children & adults
- Children’s entertainment
- Marina walks
- Members & balcony open
- All day BBQ
- Discover our club’s charm and 140 year + history
- Rooftop access & photo fun
- Merchandise & history book sales
On Water Activities
- Short sailing trips on keelboats (Minimum age 7 yrs)
- Dinghy sailing for children, families & adults with Royal Melbourne Sail Training Academy
- Powerboat rides
What to wear / bring
(Larger keelboat / yacht rides from Marina)
- Enclosed non-marking shoes (thongs not allowed on keelboats)
- Small towel
- Waterproof / warm / spray jacket, beanie if cooler weather
- Pair of sunglasses with lanyard to stop them going overboard
- Hat & sunscreen
- Waterproof phone or camera
(Small off the beach Dinghy rides (Children & Adults)
- Old sandshoes, aquaslippers (no crocs or thongs allowed)
- Rash vest
- Waterproof jacket & beanie for cooler conditions
- Sunhat & sunscreen
- Water bottle
Long hair should be tied back and don’t wear excessive jewellery that could get tangled up whilst you are sailing. It’s important to have your hands free to get on and off the boat and to be able to sail. It’s best not to bring mobile phones or other valuables onto the boat as they may get damaged or lost.
Life jackets or personal floatation devices are provided by the Club and must be worn at all times on the water.
Event Cancellation Policy
In the event of extreme weather, high winds or surrounding conditions, and in the interests of visitors safety, RMYS reserves the right to cancel or delay an event/s at short notice.