Month: March 2020

Race Office Report – Week ended 29th March 2020

With COVID 19 stopping us from getting on the water I will be using my report to help stay in touch and keep your mind on sailing.. please have a read as there is some fun and useful information each week.

Commodore’s Report March 2020

After our special GC meeting focused on COVID-19 issues a week ago (outcomes summarized in the special eBreeze last Tuesday), GC met last Thursday via video conference on its normal monthly cycle. In preparing this summary of that meeting, it was striking how much has changed in a month. My February meeting report contained no […]

Leaving you boat for an extended time

With COVID 19 meaning we are not able to get out and about as normal and thus come to the club, its a good idea to think about what you can do with your boat to put her to bed for a while.  Sails: Remove and pack away sails that will normally be left out, […]

Race Office Report – Week ended 22nd March 2020

Important information for boat owners and sailors at RMYS

Commodore’s Report on Extraordinary Meeting of General Committee on Sunday 24/3/2020

Following a series of urgent decisions made in relation to the COVID-19 (C-19) response over the last week made by the Commodore in email consultation with GC, we were able to all meet via video conference last Sunday for an extraordinary meeting entirely focused on C-19 issues. While next Thursday’s normal GC meeting will proceed […]

Facebook Group – RMYS Members Forum

LETS STAY IN TOUCH….. The Red book app is due to officially close down in May this year. To ensure you have a channel to stay connected online we have established a members forum / facebook group. This is a private page created as a space for members to connect and post photos, comments, ask […]

Covid Update – Marina & Yard

Hello Members, The note yesterday from Commodore  was based on a statement from the Premier which advised Victoria will “implement a shutdown of all non-essential activities” .   Following the Premiers address this morning which clarified what must close, Charles  asked me to advise that you will continue to have access to the marina and the […]

Covid-19 Statement from the Commodore

Dear Squadron members As expected, the COVID-19 virus situation is changing day-to-day. Yesterday, I took the decision to cancel racing despite our original intention to run Wednesday’s race. This was not an easy decision to take – GC wished to see us continue racing if we could, a view with which I strongly agreed at […]

RMYS Big Esky Raffle supporting Zoos Victoria – WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT….

Supporting Zoos Victoria Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund The purpose of this raffle is to help raise much-needed funds to assist staff and volunteers from the Zoos Victoria Bushfire Emergency Wildlife Fund as they continue to work dealing with the devastating impact of the recent Bushfire crisis. The money raised from tickets sales will help support […]

COVID-19 Update – Twilight Race March 20

Hello Members, The world health situation continues to move rapidly and we are determined to minimise the exposure and risk to members.  Applying consistent principles across all aspects of RMYS operation is also very important. Tonight’s sailing is therefore cancelled, 30 skippers had advised an intention to race which equates to 150 – 200 people […]