Improve your race performance with the “Mixed Fleet Keelboat Racing Skills Program” announced for August /September 2015. Expressions of interest are sought from competitive Skippers & Crews.
The Sail Training Academy, in conjunction with RMYS, welcome Performance Coach Mark Tonner-Joyce back to the Squadron to host a “Mixed Fleet Keelboat Racing Skills Program”.
This keelboat race coaching package will be delivered with four on water training days and four evening seminars during August and September, 2015.
Mark Tonner-Joyce is a well known Melbourne-based high performance coach and has previously delivered his Keelboat “Start to Win” coaching package at RMYS on two occasions, with great reviews from RMYS participants.
The program objectives are:
1. Build racing skills for competitive advantage in mixed fleet keelboat windward–leeward racing. Specifically to focus on:
- Predicting the next mile and selecting strategic priorities
- Start zone, starting techniques and process to achieve what needs to be achieved in the first two minutes
- First beat positioning and staying in contention
- The first run & relaunching for the second beat
- Rules knowledge and execution
- Boat speed
- Teaming & mind skills
- Boat handling
Seminar handouts and boat coaching feedback are also integral to this coaching package.
Proposed dates Seminars: Fridays 7.45pm to 9pm
On-water: Sundays 10.30am to 5pm. 1: 7 & 9 August. 2: 21 & 23 August. 3: 18 & 20 September. 4: 25 & 27 September
Course fee will be $1750 per keelboat or $375 for individuals. We will be making up crews from boats who cannot field a complete crew, so individuals can also participate. A minimum of six boats will be required to commence the program, which will be capped at 10 boats.
Expressions of interest are now being accepted by Leigh Brennan-Smith, Royal Melbourne Sail Training Academy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 0412 196 301 if you have questions.