The next evening course will be 7.00pm to 10.00pm on Thursday 14 May and Thursday 21 May at RMYS for VHF, with an extra session on Monday 25 May from 7.00pm to 9.00pm for those wishing to qualify for an HF licence. The exam will be held for all streams on Thursday 28 May from 6.00pm to 7.00pm.
Marine Radios continue to be the most used safety device on board a vessel:
- Receive an up to date marine weather forecast or weather warning
- Hail other boaters nearby for information or assistance
- Distress calls are broadcast & readily answered - compared to mobile phones
- HF Marine Radio continues to be widely accepted for long distance marine communications such as offshore cruising and racing
- Marine Radio qualifications are not subject to renewal or ongoing licence fees
- You cannot apply for a MMSI for onboard DSC or AIS equipment - unless you have a marine radio qualification
- You should have at least 2 qualified marine radio operators onboard
Our marine radio training courses include both theory and practical skills, with hands -on radio usage with both VHF and HF radios.
All course fees include a copy of the official Marine Radio textbook and your exam/licence fees.
Click here for the evening course booking form
Click here for the course overview
For further information, click here or contact Leigh Brennan-Smith on 9534 0059 (training office), mobile 0412 196301 or email: email@example.com