Royal Melbourne Sail Training Academy is offering MROVCP (VHF only) and MROCP (VHF + HF) marine radio qualification courses commencing Thursday 7th August at RMYS at 7.00 pm. The course is conducted over 2 or 3 nights depending on which course level you want to achieve.
Marine Radios continue to be the most used safety device on board a vessel:
- Receive an up to date marine weather forecast or weather warning
- Hail other boaters nearby for information or assistance
- Distress calls are broadcast & readily answered - compared to mobile phones
- HF Marine Radio continues to be widely accepted for long distance marine communications such as offshore cruising and racing
- Marine Radio qualifications are not subject to renewal or ongoing licence fees
- You cannot apply for a MMSI for onboard DSC or AIS equipment - unless you have a marine radio qualification
- You should have at least 2 qualified marine radio operators onboard
All course fees include a copy of the official Marine Radio textbook and your exam/licence fees.
For further information refer to the RMYS website or click here contact Leigh Brennan-Smith on 9534.0059 (training office), mobile 0412 196301 or email: email@example.com